Statute for the association „Future Design Institute“
§ 1 Name, domicile and fiscal year
1. The association bears the name "Future Design Institute".
2. He should be entered in the register of associations and will then carry the suffix e. V.
3. The seat of the association is Ettlingen.
4. The fiscal year is the calendar year.
§ 2 purpose
1. The association pursues exclusively and directly charitable purposes within the meaning of the section "tax-privileged purposes" of the tax code (AO).
2. Purpose of the association is the promotion of science and research, education and vocational training including student assistance, education, art and culture, help for refugees and migrants, the promotion of international sentiment, environmental, landscape and wildlife protection ,
3. The purpose of the statutes is realized in particular by:
• Research projects (exploration of future technologies, development of alternative energy concepts that connect nature conservation and energy production, etc.)
• Research contracts
• Media like movies, games and virtual reality
• Archives and archiving
• Guided tours and lectures
• Training, especially in new technologies, media and art
• Fab Labs
• Training, internships
• Child and Youth Education
• court festivals and cultural events
• Promotion of education, education and training including
student aid and migrant assistance
• Donations and sponsors
• cultural mediation and further education
• a comprehensive analysis of the future and the active,
participatory and emancipatory shaping of the future
regional, national and international level
4. The association is selflessly active; he does not pursue primarily self-economic purposes.
5. Means of the association may only be used for statutory purposes. The members do not receive payments from the association.
6. No person may be favored by expenses that are foreign to the purpose of the corporation or by disproportionately high remuneration.
§ 3 membership
1. Member of the association can be any natural person and legal entity. The board will decide on the admission after a written request. In the case of minors, the application form must be submitted by the legal representative.
2. Resignation from the club is permitted at any time. He must be informed in writing to the board.
3. A member can be expelled from the association if his behavior is grossly contrary to the interests of the association. About the exclusion decides the general meeting.
4. Membership ends with the death of the member (in the case of legal persons, with their expiry).
5. The resigned or excluded member has no claim against the association's assets.
6. The members have to pay membership fees. The amount and the due date of the membership fees are determined by the general meeting.
7. Sponsoring members are members who are not actively involved in the association but who promote and support the goals and the purpose of the association in an appropriate manner. Sponsoring members have no voting rights.
8. Honorary members are appointed members who have made a special contribution to the association. For this a resolution of the general meeting is necessary. Honorary members are exempted from the contribution payment.
§ 4 organs of the association
1. The organs of the association are the board and the general assembly.
2. At the decision of the General Assembly further organizational divisions with special tasks can be created.
§ 5 Board
1. The overall board of the association consists of the first chairman, the second chairman, the cashier and the secretary.
2. The authorized management board within the meaning of § 26 BGB consists of the 1st chairman and the 2nd chairman. Each of them represents the club individually.
3. The Board is elected by the General Assembly for a term of two years; however, each member of the Executive Board remains in office until a new election has been made.
4. Only members of the association can be elected to the board members. With the termination of membership in the association also ends the office of a board member.
§ 6 General Assembly
1. The ordinary general meeting takes place once a year. In addition, a general meeting must be convened if the interest of the association so requires or if at least 1/3 of the members requires the convocation in writing stating the purpose and reasons.
2. Each general meeting must be convened in writing or in text form by e-mail, subject to an invitation period of 2 weeks and stating the agenda.
3. The chairman of the meeting is the 1st chairman and in case of his absence the 2nd chairman. If both are not present, an assembly leader is elected by the general assembly. As far as the secretary is not present, this is also determined by the general meeting.
4. Each duly convened General Assembly has a quorum regardless of the number of members present.
5.] The resolutions of the general meeting are passed by a simple majority of the valid votes cast.
6. A record of the resolutions of the General Assembly has to be signed by the chairman and the secretary.
§ 7 employees
1. The association may employ staff to fulfill its statutory duties.
2. Insofar as the association employs employees, a managing director can be appointed to whom organizational leadership tasks are assigned.
§ 8 amendment of the statutes
1. Changes to the statutes can only be made with the consent of at least 3/4 of the members of the association who have attended a general meeting.
2. Requests for amendments to the Articles of Association must be communicated to the Executive Board in good time so that they can be enclosed with the invitation to the General Meeting and their treatment be announced in the agenda.
§ 9 dissolution, seizure of the association's assets
1. The dissolution of the association requires a majority of 4/5 of the valid votes cast.
2. In case of dissolution of the association or the abolition of tax-privileged purposes, the assets of the association shall be a legal entity of public law or another tax-privileged entity for the purpose of use for the promotion of science and research (futures research).
§ 10 Registration
The association is to be registered in the register of associations of the district court Ettlingen.
Ettlingen the 5.September 2017